Saturday, September 12, 2009

Dear Rose

September 9, 2009

Granny Rose passed away Sept. 1 at the young age of 86. Rose was definitely a free spirit, filled with a 'life is too short to waste' attitude. I'm sure she saw all of us gathered to pay our final respects and I'm real sure we made her laugh.

I haven't seen a lot of my dad's side of the family for many years. We haven't kept in touch like we should and I was very happy to see them all. Losing someone like Rose reminds me that despite some difficult personal hurdles – it all boils down to family ties. It's in family that you're reminded we're not alone in the world.

Below is my awesome beautiful aunt Janet, my dad Robb and sweet aunt Maggie. I've got more group pictures that really show the diverse nature of our family and I'll be posting those soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment